- This event has passed.
2019 Stars & Stripes Days
July 2, 2019 - July 4, 2019
Fireworks, parades, entertainment! Come celebrate our Independence Day with all sorts of activities July 3 and 4 in Pequot Lakes. This two-day event is loaded with family-friendly events!
SCHEDULE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
July 3rd Schedule of Events
- 5:00 p.m. - Food Vendors
- 5:00-8:00 p.m. Bungee Trampoline and Kids Climb, Barrel Train, Bouncy House- Trailside Park South
- 6:00 - 10:00 p.m. - Beer Garden sponsored by Community Action of Pequot Lakes
- 6:00 p.m. Bean Bag Toss Tournament ($10 per Team / 2 players)
- Single elimination tournament bracket play. Each player must throw from behind the front of the box. First team of 2 players to 21 or over, need to win by 2 points with cancelation scoring. Bags are allowed to bounce on the ground onto the board (walking the dog is approved). Boards will be placed 24 ft. apart. Each team is responsible for its own score. Teams playing for 1st & 2nd will be playing best out of three.
- 7:00 p.m. - Band performance by LOLAH with special guest DJ Bill Satre from B93.3
- 10:10 p.m. Fireworks by Flashing Thunder, patriotic music and local Sponsors on B93.3 (before and after the fireworks show)
July 4th Schedule of Events
- 7 a.m. - 11 a.m. - Firemen's Pancake Breakfast- Fire Hall 4638 Main Street, Pequot Lakes
- 9 a.m.- 4 p.m. - Craft Fair, Food Vendors in Trailside Park South, between Government Drive and Patriot Ave.
- 11a.m.- 4p.m. Beer Garden sponsored by the Legion Post #49, 4435 Main Street, Pequot Lakes
- 9:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. - Water Wars, Bungee Trampoline, Kids Climb and Bouncy House- Trailside Park South
- 10:00 a.m. - Money in the Haystack and Golden Bobber Hunt, Trailside Park North
- 10:30am - Kiddie Parade, Trailside Park North, Registration begins at the Band Shelter
- 10:30am- Bed Races (5 per team) Registration begins at Main Street and Government Drive
- Noon - Stars & Stripes Parade- starts (and ends) at Pequot Lakes High School, 30805 Olson Street, Pequot Lakes
Parking- CR 11 / Main Street and CR 112 / Rasmussen Street will be closed to thru traffic starting at 11 a.m. Parking is available at TDS, Pequot Lakes High School and Eagle View Elementary School (FREE shuttle service to the Fire Hall).
Handicapped Parking- Available on Government Drive, East Butler Street, St. Alice Church, and Old Hwy 371 (Pequot Lakes Dental). Spaces will be marked. Be sure to arrive early!
PARKING WILL NOT BE ALLOWED ALONG THE PARADE ROUTE OR ON CR 11 / Main Street. VEHICLES WILL BE TICKETED AND TOWED!
ROADS CLOSED- CR 11 / MAIN STREET AND CR 112 / RASMUSSEN STREET WILL BE CLOSED AT 11:00 a.m. FOR THE PARADE.