- This event has passed.
Bean Hole Days
July 10, 2018 - July 11, 2018
Come and celebrate Bean Hole Days in Pequot Lakes July 10-11, 2018! The huge cast iron kettles of beans are buried on Tuesday, July 10 so they can cook overnight and be served free of charge on Wednesday, July 11 at noon.
It's time to dig out Thor, Big Bertha, Ole, Sven, Lena and Baby Olga for the Pequot Lakes Bean Hole Days celebration. Since 1938, this tradition brings thousands together as they share a free lunch of baked beans, dinner roll, and beverage.
The fun begins with the Paddle Hunt - your first clue will be released at 9 a.m. July 10. Tuesday evening the baked beans are buried in the ground to cook overnight and then the huge kettles of beans are unearthed mid-morning on Wednesday. The celebration culminates with the raising of the beans, a Queen and King Bean Coronation, an arts and crafts fair, food market, children's games, and of course, lunch!
Schedule of Events:
TUESDAY, JULY 10
- 5:00 - 7:00 p.m. Community Picnic - The public is invited to stroll through our community organizations area, watch the burying of the beans and enjoy tasty treats from food vendors. Area non profit, church and youth organizations will have interactive games and information about themselves.
- 5:30 p.m. Burying of the Bean Ceremony - The beans, prepared from Paul Bunyan's Secret Recipe are buried in five huge cast iron kettles and cooked over a wood fire during the night. Join us for this special ceremony!
- 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. Beer Garden sponsored by Community Action of Pequot Lakes
WEDNESDAY, JULY 11
- 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. Crafter Show and LIVE MUSIC provided by Carlos Quinche
- 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. Dunk Tank sponsored by Abbie Hoelscher Agency American Family Insurance
- 11:15 a.m. - Coronation Ceremony - Prince & Princess Jellybean and Crowning of the Queen or King Bean.
- 12:00 p.m. - Serving of the Beans. Friendly volunteers serve a FREE and delicious bowl of baked beans, dinner roll, and beverage to thousands of attendees.