- This event has passed.
Bean Hole Days
July 11 - July 12
Come and celebrate Bean Hole Days in Pequot Lakes July 11-12, 2017! The huge cast iron kettles of beans are buried on Tuesday, July 11 so they can cook overnight and be served free of charge on Wednesday, July 12 at noon.
It's time to dig out Thor, Big Bertha, Ole, Sven, Lena and Baby Olga for the Pequot Lakes Bean Hole Days celebration July 11-12. Since 1938, this tradition brings thousands together as they share a free lunch of baked beans, dinner roll, and beverage.
The fun begins with the Paddle Hunt - your first clue will be released at 9 a.m. July 10. Tuesday evening the baked beans are buried in the ground to cook overnight and then the huge kettles of beans are unearthed mid-morning on Wednesday. The celebration culminates with the raising of the beans, a Queen and King Bean Coronation, an arts and crafts fair, food market, children's games, and of course, lunch!
Schedule of Events:
TUESDAY, JULY 11
- 5:00 - 7:00 p.m. Community Picnic - The public is invited to stroll through our community organizations area, watch the burying of the beans and enjoy tasty treats from food vendors. Area non profit, church and youth organizations will have interactive games and information about themselves.
- 5:30 p.m. Burying of the Bean Ceremony - The beans, prepared from Paul Bunyan's Secret Recipe are buried in five huge cast iron kettles and cooked over a wood fire during the night. Join us for this special ceremony!
- 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. Beer Garden sponsored by Community Action of Pequot Lakes
WEDNESDAY, JULY 12
- 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. Crafter Show and LIVE MUSIC provided by Carlos Quinche
- 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. Dunk Tank sponsored by Abbie Hoelscher Agency American Family Insurance
- 11:15 a.m. - Coronation Ceremony - Prince & Princess Jellybean and Crowning of the Queen or King Bean.
- 12:00 p.m. - Serving of the Beans. Friendly volunteers serve a FREE and delicious bowl of baked beans, dinner roll, and beverage to thousands of attendees. Buy a NEW 2017 cup or bring your cup from a previous year to enter the Fast Pass for Gas line!
- 12:30 - 2:30 p.m.- "Memories of Elvis Show" by Chris Olson. The hair, the eyes, the sneer, the stride and the voice "THAT VOICE". Hailing from White Bear Lake, Minnesota, Chris was born to play Elvis and has been performing to sold out crowds all over the country for more than a decade! To quote Chris Olson: "I am not trying to walk in the shoes of Elvis Presley. I am merely trying to keep the memories fresh and alive. There will only be one King of Rock n' Roll. Elvis Presley wears that crown."
SEE YOU AT THE SHOW...you might be the one to get the Teddy Bear or one of the scarves!
NEW Bean Hole Day Cups ($10) and T-Shirts ($20 S-L / $22 XXL) will be for sale in the Pequot Lakes Chamber Welcome Center!